Monday, August 24, 2009

STATE OF THE UNION

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I am coming to you live from Chicago at the very start of what I like to call "Chapter 3". As many of you know, I celebrated my 30th birthday the morning I arrived here 8 weeks ago; the end of my journey from Los Angeles. Many contributing factors were involved in my move from the Southland to the Midway. Quality of life, physical surroundings, and a generally grounded mindset just to name a few. Though I hope this message reaches all corners of the galaxy, home base needed a shift. I had to move the eye of the storm. Recorded thought starts here and now for all who are willing to see. I hope everyone out there is in a good place, and taking steps towards reaching a better one.


The time to see things for what they really are is long past due. Conflict lies between substance and appearance alone. Reality versus perception. Truth versus fiction. The true problems of this world are far too big to fit into the petty conflicts of Fox News or CNN. Universal truth is real. No matter how you slice it, no matter how many twists are applied, there is only right versus wrong. We are not born with a clear distinction of the two, but we've evolved to a point where we know what to teach, why and how . . . yet we still fail to do so. Why? Why do we avoid cutting through the distraction, confusion, and disinformation? Why do myths come about and earn truth status after steady repetition? Someone once said "if you repeat a lie enough times, it becomes the truth". Major media prescribes a jaded reality to the citizens of the United States. Selective information revealed, selective omission of fact.


The Smog Chronicles.

The idea was sprung years ago with my introduction to Los Angeles and its mildly toxic desert climate. The city of angels, surrounded by wildfires, infused with excessive levels of carbon monoxide and all sorts of other unexamined emissions. Between the time spent cutting through the heart of the city in a topless jeep to the countless days and nights cruising the coast on two wheels, emergence of The Smog Warrior was imminent. I vowed to one day to record my experience, my philosophy, my perspective.


Out of the Smog. Into the Fog. All systems: Chicago.


Those I've remained in close contact with are well aware of my position on many issues of the day. This effort marks the inception of making those observations tangible. For friends and family I've not been successful enough to keep in close contact with, I hope this tool provides an avenue for greater understanding and relationships. I intend to explore genuine topics ranging from the depths of dishonesty to the bright light found in music, film, sport and so on.


Not long ago I recognized my responsibility. Either remain part of the problem, or become part of the solution. It's been said that one cannot begin to heal until they recognize they have an illness . . understanding a problem is half way to finding its solution. Recognizing the problem comes easy once we are willing to look at the world through new eyes . . from a different angle.


I hope through this, our new connection, we might start something big together . . an awakening, a revolution of consciousness. I will reference those of greatest influence in my life, attach links to relevant sources and stories from all corners of cyberspace, and continue to encourage growth, strength, and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment